iOS 4.0 trying to update to 4.0 in order to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cmtriplecage, Aug 2, 2010.

1. cmtriplecage

cmtriplecage New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im on 3.1.3 and the installer keeps crashing when I try to jailbreak on jailbreakme.com but the backing up of my ipod is taking forever! im using the latest Itunes and on my ipod I have 12.65 GB's left!!(out of 16GB) why is it taking so long??? and will this update solve the problem with my installer crashing and will it let me jailbreak my ipod?

Btw im not a noob just cuz I joined, cuz ive been jailbreaking since the original ipods but stopped after my ipod got stolen but I got one a few months ago and never decided to jailbreak untill now.
  2. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had around 6GB of data in my iPod when I updated to iOS4.0.

It took me quite and since you have 12GB, it's bound to take a long time. Whilst it's backing up, go do something else and come back to it.

I really don't know if updating to iOS4.0 will make the jailbreak work but it's definitely worth updating to iOS4.0 because it could help you jailbreak and since you're on official, iOS4 itself is a pretty cool firmware and it's worth updating jailbreak or not.
  3. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's odd! It took me like a minute to back up everything.
  4. cmtriplecage

cmtriplecage New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks man, i watched a movie and it was over, then i jailbroke it! what apps do you recommend?