trying to restore IPod to original settings- software not found. urgent!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by basketballbabe1326, Mar 14, 2009.

1. basketballbabe1326

basketballbabe1326 New Member

Hey everyone

I really need your help. I have an Ipod Touch 2nd generation. My friend... who is a hardcore techie... did something "cough" to my iPod that I'd rather not mention on here. Anyways, he's on vacation.. and I accidently let my iPod die... and therefore it won't turn on again, even when charged... its "bricked" i guess.

So I put it into DFU mode... and that was all fine and dandy. It showed up on my itunes as iPod, and said N/A for everything else (serial number.. etc). This has happened before, and I just pressed restore, and it went back to its original legal condition that I bought it in.

So I'm trying to do that again, however, when i click restore, it says "Software for this iPod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes at least 3 times now, and its still not working. PLEASE HELP! I'm going to vegas tomorrow and really really want and need my ipod. Thanks!

PS. I'm asking how to restore it to original condition... not how to do anything illegal!!!

please don't be rude, or mean... of course id love to re-JB it, but right now i just want my normal ipod back.
    thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    wow search for the firmware you want on google. download it and go into itunes, hold shift and click restore. search for the firmware and double click it and that should work.
  3. basketballbabe1326

basketballbabe1326 New Member

thanks so much... but how do i search for the original firmware? i thought i wouldnt have to if i just want the plain old legal one? and how do i know which one to get

sorry guys im just really new at this and at the moment very very desperate

------------------double post merged------------------
    yayy its restoring! thanks for your advice!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ill get my nerd friend to JB it for me again after hes back from spring break
  4. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Tell your friend that theres an untethered jailbreak out now, so you can let it die all you want, called 24KPwn, he should figure it out from there