Trying to learn C++...........

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by nclaxmiddy11, Apr 16, 2008.

1. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

Hello there. I have been interested recently in trying to make apps for the iPod Touch. I have read that the best language is C++ for making applications. I have never coded anything thing in my life so I have been reading up on everything I can, but so much of it seems way over my head.

I've been reading stuff from this website.
    http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

I was wondering if anyone out there knows a great site that is easy to learn from; or someone that would be willing to help me learn. I am only 14 so I am not close to being a genius. But I am a straight A student that is willing to spend time learning something new. I feel that once I learn most of the basics I can begin coding easy stuff and just keep getting better.

If anyone out there is willing to help reply in this thread or give me a pm. Any help is appreciated.

-Nclaxmiddy11
  2. Brill301

Brill301 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ++

my friend gave me a book called, "c++ for dummies" he got it at barnes and noble, its pretty good, just google c++ programing tutorials if you don't want to read or pay for the book... Also, you should check youtube, I haven't... Yet, but youtube has everything...
  3. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. optimo

optimo New Member

it's perfectly acceptable to write and compile for iphone/ipod using only c++

objC is common if you want to use much of the api, but if you are writing low-level stuff or shell apps you can execute pure c++

I wish we had more low-level c++ devs for writing game code
  5. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

darn it, I hate being so busy, I would love to learn how to do this, is it as complicate as it looks? Anyone got any tips if I where to start off.
    Thanks for the help in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i have a book called SamsTeachYourself C++ in 24 hours and im pretty satisfied.
  7. oioioi

oioioi New Member

http://www.learncpp.com a great side for learning the basics of c++ and object-oriented programming. thats where I am learning c++
  8. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I always advise checking your local library(ies) for a .couple good resources before going out and buying a book. Also, using the internet to find eBooks and papers may also be a good idea.