Trying to jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hescmnbac, Jan 5, 2010.

1. hescmnbac

hescmnbac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi all,

I am trying to jailbreak my ipod touch and I am having a few problems I was hoping you all could help me with. First, I have a brand new 64gig Ipod Touch. Newest version of itunes and the latest ipod software. I am running Windows Vista. I downloaded the latest version of blackra1n. I then went and disabled ItunesHelper.exe. I have also gone to properties of blackra1n and am running compatability mode for Windows XP (I was instructed to do this). I make sure itunes is not running and that my ipod is NOT connected and then I double click blackra1n.exe. From there I plug my ipod in my computer and click "Make it Ra1n". From there I see the "connect to itunes" thing on my Ipod but the blackra1n never changes from "preparing to restore". It stays on "preparing for restore" and does not change. I have waited up to 30 minutes for it to change and it does not. I have heard this should not take more than about 30 seconds so I know something must be wrong. I have tryed it three or four times and the same thing happense every time.

If anyone could assist me with what is going on here, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
  2. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    put in dfu mode then click make it rain
  3. ipodaddict5

ipodaddict5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If your running vista you hyave to right click blackra1n and "run as administrator" and then click make it rain.

Hope it works out
  4. hescmnbac

hescmnbac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what is dfu mode and how do I do that? Thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update*:

I right clicked and ran as administrator and it still stayed on "entering recovery" and never progressed.

Someone said I need to be in DFU mode. What does that mean? Thanks
  5. ipodaddict5

ipodaddict5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it means you put it into rcovery mode hold home and power until the apple logo appears and the let go of power keep holding home until it goes into dfu mode. im not sure how that woud help i suggest deleteing blaxckra1n and trying to download it again. and if that dosent work maybe trie a different jailbreaking program. what firmware and generation did you say you had?
  6. hescmnbac

hescmnbac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the newest everything possible. I just got this ipod for Christmas
  7. ipodaddict5

ipodaddict5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok then i think i might know what wrong wen you open blackra1n at the top it will say "blackra1n jailbreak by geohot and then it will either say RC3 or RC1 if its RC1. and also check for me in your settings>general>about and check your first 2 letters of your serial #. I think i know what the problem is
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    If your first 2 letters of your serial # are MC then if you have the RC1 version of blackra1n you have too download the RC3 version.
    And if this does not work then i have literally no clue what is going on with your jailbreaking.

Hope my advice helped, if you jailbreak it message me plz i would like to know if it worked.
    Thx and good luck
  8. hescmnbac

hescmnbac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the RC3 version of blackra1n. Does ANYONE know what could possibly be going on? Is there something out there other than blackra1n I could use to jailbreak. This is killing me. Thanks.
  9. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    you could try this, it worked for me when I ran blackra1n for the first time. after clicking MAKE IT RAIN if ur iPod.Touch gets stuck at restore mode for too long just end blackra1n via taskmanager. don't unplug ur device and when it's still in restore mode rerun blackra1n again. mine worked like this. try to run it without compatibilty mode under administrator, if not they only use compatibilty mode. and I hope ur Vista is x86 cuz I don't think blackra1n runs on x64 OS!
  10. hescmnbac

hescmnbac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok thanks. does anyone else have any suggestions?