Trying to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pantanplan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. pantanplan

pantanplan New Member

I bought a 32 GB iPod Touch 3G (MC), with firmware version 3.13. I immediately jailbroke it. I ran Cydia, pressed the "Yes, make my life easier" thing, and I began downloading. One day I accidentally made my iTouch stuck on a reboot loop, and I had to restore with iOS 4 (being a n00b at the time, I didn't know that I could download older firmware). Since then I have fully erased the iPod Touch and restored it (are the SHSH blobs still there?), while searching for a way to either downgrade it to either 3.13 or 3.12, or jailbreak it directly. I tried to downgrade it the traditional way (Modify HOSTS file, Launch into DFU mode, download 3.13 firmware, Shift-restore and select it), but an 3194 error always comes up. What should I do? Is there a way to jailbreak iOS 4, or is there a solution to my downgrade problem?
  2. 42harryb

42harryb New Member

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to wait for an iOS 4 jailbreak. I heard theres one out soon. There may already be one i dont know about. :/
  3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You cant yet jailbreak an MC 3G iPod on 4.0 but you could downgrade with your blobs...
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You sadly cannot downgrade to 3.1.2 without your shsh blobs, and that's the only way to jailbreak the iPod touch 3G at the moment.

And YES, there IS a jailbreak for the iPod touch 3G. Dunno why everyone on these forums say there isn't.
  5. pantanplan

pantanplan New Member

I ran Cydia while on 3.13, and I distinctly remember pressing the "Yes, make my life easier" thing. That means that I saved the blobs, right? If so, does erasing (AND restoring from iTunes) all data from the iPod Touch affect the blobs?
  6. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I know someone who is also having this problem, and it appears there was nothing i couldd do to get the error to go away