trying to jailbreak ipod touch 1G

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by gza864, Oct 12, 2008.

1. gza864

gza864 New Member

hi everyone

okay so I'm tempted to jailbreak my ipod touch right now, but I'm kind of scared. I dont want to mess it up!... anyway I watched a couple tutorials on youtube.. and I downloaded "quickpwn" (I hope that's the one I'm supposed to use since my OS is VISTA) anyway so I was about to go to the next step which is actually run the quickpwn thing and then it asked me to find the file of the firmware Ihave.. which is the 2.1 version. I went to the folder it was supposed to be but it was not there. I searched everywhere and I couldnt find it... so I tried to find it online and I found IT... so I downloaded the firmware from the following website

so it is already on my desktop but I'm not sure if it is the right firmware... so if you can check the website and tell me if I should use it or not.. I would appreciate it.. thats what I really need to know

aaaan I want to know if there is any risk I mess up my ipod touch.. I dont want to try to jailbreak it and end up messing up with it..

help please
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you wont mess anything up but i advise removing that link before you get banned
  3. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

that is the wrong firmware remove that link because it is against the rules
    you need the 2.1 firmware not 2.0
  4. gza864

gza864 New Member

hey

I'm sorry I didnt know I couldnt post links on the forum... I'll have to read the rules... oooh sooo that is not the firmware.. do you guys know where I can find it? I already bought it on apple store, but it never saved the file I need :S.. so if you know a WEBSITE where I can download it from please please.. send it to me in a private message

sooo should I use the Quickpwn? does it work on vista? thnks
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Ok, let's go step by step here.

You cannot brick an iPod touch, minus via physical abuse

QuickPwn works on Windows XP, Vista, and Vista 64-bit

You can find the firmware online by searching "felixbruns" in google, and clicking the first link, and finding 2.1 (5F137). If you already downloaded iPod1,1_2.1_5F137_Restore.ipsw, then use that.
  6. rolandje

rolandje New Member

Go to google fill in: felixburns firmware, chooose the first site (youtube) in the description you found the site (I dont put it in here).
    Save it on your desktop, op up quickpwn and use the firmware you saved on your desk

Gl
  7. Rocka08

Rocka08 New Member

problem

Ive downloaded firmware 2.1 and quickpwn and come to the bit where i have to browse for the iPod1,1_2.1..once i select the file it doesnt allow me to continue, that green arrow does not come up.. :S ive downloaded the firmware to select so i dont knw wht to do next..any suggestions?
  8. tsinghua

tsinghua Member

Device:
    iPhone
    If you are using Vista, try to find another box with XP.
    It is suggested that you put the Quickpwn folder and the firmware at the root of the dick partition.
  9. Rocka08

Rocka08 New Member

how would i go about doit, and is that for OS vista??
  10. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    QuickPwn will be fine. Be on 2.1 and it will be smooth sailing. This will not mess up your iPod, worst case scenario you'll have to restore.