trying to jailbreak 1.1.2!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by azz2811, Feb 7, 2008.

1. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ok so when i tried to jailbreak 1.1.2 (i had oktoprep installed) it worked fine until i got to after it had finished updating my ipod with 1.1.2 then my ipod froze at the sleep screen and i couldn't get it unlocked (slide to unlock) because it kept on going like it was rebooting the sprinboard with the little circle. now i have tried this several times and i cant5 seem to downgrade itunes to 7.5 when i try to install it it doesn't work

any ideas!!!

thanks
  2. stillogic

stillogic New Member

11. Slide to unlock. Open Installer and only install the program OkToPrep.

12. After this finishes, connect it again to iTunes. This time, click Update. Just click it, not option- (or shift-) click.

13. Update your iPod to firmware version 1.1.2. If iTunes has some weird problem getting the update, find it on the Internet and option- (or shift-) click Update. Choose the .ipsw file you downloaded. (1.1.2.) You probably won't have to do this; iTunes shouldn't have any problems.

14. After it updates, quit iTunes.

15. Download this file: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

16. While your iPod is connected, and iTunes is quit, open jailbreak.jar if you're on a Mac and windows.bat if you're on Windows.

17. Choose a password for SSH. Install it if you want, but it'll leave an icon on your home screen. You can install it from Installer later for a different version with no icon. Just be sure to choose a password.

17. Done. Yay!
  3. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah LOL I know how to do that but I get as far as up grading to 1.1.2and then it frezzez
  4. stillogic

stillogic New Member

are you on a mac or windows?
    and check that your 1.1.2 file says ipod. and not iphone
  5. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I'm on windows and I'm preatty sure it says iPod I'll try and jailbreak it tommorow and post some ss
  6. moler

moler New Member

I had problem with 1.1.2 JB, some kind of error; using a different computer was only thing that helped me. Maybe it's worth trying in your case too!
  7. hockeystar815

hockeystar815 New Member

i originally jailbroke 1.1.2 on myh sis computer but now im trying on mine and it get the errror...
    "cannot loaunch iphuc"
    "an unrecoverable error was encountered during the jailbreak! See console for details"
    and unfortunatly my sis computer is broke so im stuck now
  8. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    dunno about iphuc but now mine works thanks for everyones help
  9. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the same issue, and im sorry to tell you,

i had to restore...
    but i backed up everything b4....
    so you should be able to connect to itunes still.... you could download a program that copies everything like music, & videos, then restore... and rejailbroke and it worked.
  10. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member