Trying to jailbreak 1.1.1, a few quick questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by 16gbofmagic., Jan 26, 2008.

1. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1st:
    When I enter the long command (Im following Ipodtouchmaster's guide) and press enter, instead of saying : 0 it says : 11. Whats up?

2nd:
    I open iPhuc, type in enterrecovery, and iTunes opens. I just closed it and continued, but I got an error while trying to restore with 1.1.1.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Forgot to add, im downgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3.
  2. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, update.

I got it down to 1.1.1, jailbreakme.com, and now it's stuck at 0% with the spinning wheel in the middle.

Anyone know?
  3. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now it gets stuck at like 50 or 60 and just spins. Ive restored 3 times now to do it again.
  4. IpodTouchMexico

IpodTouchMexico New Member

hmm, never heard of soemthing like that before, try updating to 1.1.3 and then back to 1.1.1, or maybe its your wi-fi or bandwith, no idea man.
  5. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now i've gotten to the update page and it won't update the package. Could all this slowness be the wifi? We have pretty freaking fast wifi 95% of the time.
  6. Pzimmerer51

Pzimmerer51 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    just let it download installer and all that, sometimes you might need to turn ur ipod off and back on during the download procsess but restoring shouldnt be needed
    i had thios problem a few times and just be patient itll work and no need to update installer if ur gonna JB 1.1.2 or 3
  7. vandersar

vandersar New Member

First of all the easiest way to jaibreak an ipod is simply to go to www.jailbreakme.com
    And then go to the bottom of the page and install appsnap, and let to its thing.
    (This only works if u have firmware 1.1.1)
  8. mikeTherob

mikeTherob New Member

Whenever it stalls on me, I just restart my iPod and try again, not restore. Usually the most it takes is 3 tries for me at most. Try just holding down the sleep button and turning it off then back on instead of restoring just for the sake of speed.