Trying to install apps to touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mixthis, Jan 20, 2008.

1. mixthis

mixthis New Member

Hello All:

I'm having a problem jailbreaking my touch version 1.1.2 using the restore version of 1.1.2. I was able to downgrade from ver.1.1.2 to the restored version of 1.1.1 (3a110a). Went to jailbreakme, then installed the oktoprep. From there I'm having a problem.

I"m using the 1.1.2(3b48b), but when I use this verison, I lost the installer.

How can I install the iphone apps ver. 1.1.1 using the installer and repo.us.to? Also, how can I install the 1.1.2 verison of the firmware?

Thanks.
  2. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

Buddy, buddy. Hold on for a second.

I did the same thing. This is supposed to happen. When you update using your new 1.1.2...Restore.ipsw firmware, Installer will disappear. I thought something went wrong too, but it didn't.

I would restore back to 1.1.1 just to be safe, but after installing OktoPrep and updating to 1.1.2, just continue with the process. I actually had to jailbreak it like 20 minutes ago.
  3. mixthis

mixthis New Member

Ok, anotherfan;

Can you explain the steps that you used to install the 1.1.2 restore file?
    When I used the 1.1.2 file, I no longer had the installer app, so when I went to jailbreakme, the installer app would not load, hung on the /tiff.

Is this the something that happened to you?

thanks for your help
  4. dino86

dino86 New Member