trying to get tmobile dataplan internet ON IT

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by edistar, Oct 16, 2008.

1. edistar

edistar New Member

Hi guys I finally traded my ipod touch for an iphone and I jailbroke it and I was wondering if I could use the tmobile 5.99 deal dataplan for internet. If yes can you guys please answer some of my questions,
    1. first of all does this work still
    2. how fast is it
    3. do I get COMPLETE INTERNET ACCESS like the 19.99 one or will I only be able to access my email. basically whats the difference between getting the 5.99 and the 19.99 if im gonna use it for my iphone.

please help me
  2. otter5

otter5 New Member

works for me... is a little slow, but I can deal with it. All you need to do is set up the apn
  3. edistar

edistar New Member

can you please answer my question though about how it is. Can you surf the web on the 599 one or can you only use the email and stuff. please help
  4. otter5

otter5 New Member

Some people have been having problems recently because tmo blocked port 80 which it ran through. You can access the full version of the internet. I changed my apn to epc.tmobile.com and it has been working fine again since.
  5. edistar

edistar New Member

ok but is that for the tzones 5.99 one or the 19.99 one. ALSO if I get the 5.99 one what difference will there be in getting that rather than getting the 19.99 one
  6. otter5

otter5 New Member

5.99. You also have to download the t-zones hack through cydia. I never used to 19.99 plan so I'm not sure about it, but I'm sure it works the same way, minus the hack.
  7. edistar

edistar New Member

how fast is that connection for the 5.99 one then
  8. otter5

otter5 New Member

It ranges anywhere from 10-20 seconds to load a webpage. If your use to wifi its kinda slow, but I get by
  9. edistar

edistar New Member

how about mail, will i be able to get push mail with it and be able to use gps