Trying to fix a "SWOD" - can anyone SSH in and upload the "n45ap.plist" file?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sdschramm, Mar 3, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, as I'm sure you all know, I had installed Kate and 5 Icon and now I have a Spinning Wheel Of Death.

I did some googleing and found the solutions that are supposed to fix this problem. It envloves replacing a system file in the springbaord.app folder with one that is working. Once the file is replaced, the iPod is said to reboot correctly! I tired it with 2 different files, but it still does not work. That is because (i'm guessing) the people that posted those solutions and files are from over year ago. That means, from the 1.1.x days and now that I'm running 2.x i'm guessing the files are now difference.

So I was wondering, could anyone SSH into their iPod, locate this file and upload it for me so I can replace mine? That would be great if you could!!!

The file is called: n45ap.plist
    It is located at: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Not only will you be helping me, but also anyone else that may search in the future with the same problem!

-Scott
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We would, but this site is incredibly paranoid, and won't let us upload "copyrighted Apple code."
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

lol i got Spinning Wheel of Death by curiously hiding every app on my Springboard.
  5. carlhuebner

carlhuebner New Member

thats exactly what i did!! and people are saying things about replacing the N45AP.plist file. but i dont have that in my files. the one i see in the files is called n82ap.plist. is this something similar or no? because i dont see n45ap.plist ANYWHERE in the springboard.app folder. i am running a 2.2 jailbroken iphone 3g. if anyone can help that would be GREAT.