iOS 4.0 Trying to Downgrade from 4.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nickjuly4, Jul 29, 2010.

1. nickjuly4

nickjuly4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I recently upgraded my iPod Touch to 4.0 and I found out that it really sucks on a 2G iPod Touch and horribly drains the battery and putting it in airplane mode all the time is just ridiculous.

I've searched around and found many guides and forum posts which are quite conflicting as some say about the SHS blobs and other's don't and some say that if you have a MB iPod Touch you don't need the SHS blobs and I do have a MB iPod Touch and it still doesn't work and I can't get the SHS blobs now unless I somehow get a hold of Doc Brown's Time Machine and go to the past.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So is there any current way of getting my iPod Touch downgraded back to 3.1.2 (or at least 3.1.3)? and if not, is there any way to downgrade it that's currently being developed and might be available in the future?

Here's all the details of my situation:

- My iPod Touch is a 2G (MB model)
    - I don't have any SHS blobs
    - I get the 3194 error in iTunes when trying to downgrade
    - I did change my hosts file
  2. Deevious

Deevious New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This worked for me. I didn't try 3.1.3 but I'm sure it will work if you download a custom pre-jailbroke version of it. The key is to stay clear of the Official Apple firmwares after you have done the 4.0 jailbreak.

3. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Try changing your hosts file back to the orginal. I doubt that would work, but for MB changing the hosts file is completely unnesessary
  4. nickjuly4

nickjuly4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I tried that and I got an 1601 error when I tried to restore with the custom 3.1.2 firmware.

EDIT

The problem was I was trying to restore it in DFU mode. I took it out of DFU mode, did the shift + restore and and it showed the Sinful screen and it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help!

5. Deevious

Deevious New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

No problem, you're welcome.

6. nickjuly4

nickjuly4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only problem is that I haven't backed up my iPod Touch much and it wont let me use my recent backup since it was with ISO 4.0 so I'll have to do my backup from October 2009.
  7. General Klinger

General Klinger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What's up with the sinful website? Is it down or just me?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well, I couldn't download from the sinful site, but with Google's help, I found another pre-jailbreak 3.1.2 for my wife's 2G MB, and it worked great! She's a little upset that she lost all of her scores, but it's much better than the slow lag of the iOS4.

Thanks for the help OP!