Trying to add different SIM to Unlocked Iphone 1g. Hlp!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsassun22, Apr 14, 2009.

1. dsassun22

dsassun22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok I think I followed the Iclarified tutorial to the letter to unlock an 1stGen Iphone with 2.2.1 firmware. The only thing I didn't do was download the 2.2.1 firmware that is in most tutorials bcuz I just used the update from itunes. Everything works with quickpwn and i JB and supposedly unlock with no problems except when I try to add a SIM card from tmobile I get a message saying something about not being able to read the SIM card and to connect to itunes. I do that and itunes says that the card is unsupported and i should find a supported card. I do something wrong somewhere?
  2. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    guessing it didn't work right because you did an upgrade to 2.2.1 instead of a restore. do a restore of 2.2.1 remove the sim from the iphone and try quickpwn again...
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

First off is the SIM a working SIM?

My only thought is to use a different firmware than the one iTunes gives you. I don't know if they are different but iTunes might have "corrupted" the firmware.

I have not used QuickPwn but I believe it is similar as Pwnage. Did you neuter the bootloader? I believe this requires you to download the 4.9 bootloader file and use that in the custom firmware.
  4. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    With my 16 GB 2nd gen unlock/jailbreak - quickpwn would not work if a sim was in the phone - had to remove it to get it to work right..
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Download BootNeuter from cydia (bigboss repo) and run it. If that does not work then the problem is your simcard. Could be damaged or just outdated.

Make sure "Neurter" is on and "Unlock" is on, then hit flash. Version shouldnt matter. You might need to download the bootloaders. Google for those.

FYI BootNeuter is whats used in quickpwn and pwnagetool to do the unlock. If it did install and run then you should have seen it running for at least a minute after rebooting after you ran quickpwn.
  6. dsassun22

dsassun22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK i tried everything u guys said: I restored the iphone with the sim in.That didnt work.I restored it with no sim in and then readded the sim and then quickpwned it. Still won't let me add a different carrier sim other than the at&t sim card that came in the iphone. The card works becuz its an activated sim from a tmobile touchscreen phone. I have a pc so pwnage is out of the question. Now what?
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Ummmm...

Either your doing something wrong or the phone is screwed up..

I would try QuickPwn again and get the correct firmware not just the one iTunes uses. I don't know if it matters but assuming you are doing things correctly that is the only thing I can tell that is different.
  8. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When jailbreaking it asks you what you want to do, it comes up with a screen that shows and asks if you want Cydia, Installer, Etc. and their is one option "Unlock" and it should show a picture of keys next to it. Make sure that it checked, then pwn it,
  9. dsassun22

dsassun22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been checking Unlock. I get the add bin screen and everything. Two things: does it matter is I add my backup from iTunes to the iPhone after JB and do i need to update to itunes 8.1?