Trying quickpwn but No firmware in iPod Software Updates

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tzimmerman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. tzimmerman

tzimmerman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I have upgraded to 2.2.1 after many attempts with 2.2.1 from various sources.
    Now when I run Quickpwn it takes me to C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates to look for the 2.2.1 update.
    There is only the old 1.1.5 firmware in there.
    I guess I need to place the firmware ipsw that I used to upgrade into that folder. Unfortunately I am not 100% sure which 2.2.1 ipsw was sucessfull.(I have a few with the same name, and dont know which one I used last !)
    Is there any way to check it, and what could happen if I point Quickpwn to the wrong firmware?

Thanks
    Trevor
  2. Bwopp

Bwopp Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Nothing will happen it will just say something like a frimware error string

and it won't really matter which one seeing as they will all be the same anyway
  3. tzimmerman

tzimmerman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have tried an ipsw from about 6 sources and most gave me a 1403 error and did not work. One version started to upgrade then gave a 04 or 05 error and put the itouch into recovery mode. I tried restoring, then turning off and trying again with similar results. Eventually with one restore it wanted me to choose the firmware again and it worked !
    Not sure which version I used, and they are not all the same, since they are different file sizes!
    You think its safe to try them all in turn?
    And do I just past it into the itunes update folder?

Thanks