Try this one on for size :/

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hotfuzz, Oct 18, 2010.

1. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys,

First of all, woah.. I haven't been on this website since I broke my iPod and left the iPod touch scene (a year or so ago) and boy has it progressed, so to begin with, well done!

Now for my dilema.. I'm no n00b when it comes to iPod Touch's, but please feel free to suggest the obvious, as a lot of the times we overlook the obvious, so it may still help me.

Okay, so I have a 16GB iPod Touch (2nd Gen) sitting next to me, but I can't turn it on. Well, that's actually a lie, it is constantly on, and iTunes recognizes it in recovery mode, but there's no screen.

Now before you say it could be the screen, I know for sure that it's not.
    If I do a restore with iTunes, the screen comes up with the whole restore bar and apple logo, but unfortunately iTunes throws me an error right at the end, and the iPod just goes back in to recovery mode.

The problem is, I have no idea which firmware it was on when it mucked up as it's a family member's iPod of whom knows nothing about technology, therefore I don't know which JB tool to use. So i've tried to restore with the following firmwares:

and each one throws back a different error code. I have done hours of research, and can't find a solution for any of them.

As for DFU mode, I have followed the steps multiple times, and the computer beeps, but I don't know if it's truly in DFU mode :/

greenp0ison WON'T recognize it as being in DFU mode, but QuickFreedom DOES. What I suspect is happening is that QuickFreedom is recognizing it as being in DFU when in actual fact it's in recovery mode.

I don't know what to do >.<

Any suggestions?

Hotfuzz
  2. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    what rc of greenpois0n are u using? downlod rc4 and it may recognize it
  3. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ahhh, I was using RC3. I'll give that a go.

Also, just to add to things i've tried, i just tried using redsn0w 0.9.2 and it won't recognize it as being in DFU mode either.
  4. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so greenp0ison RC4 recognizes it, and tries to jailbreak it, but it fails and the iPod is left on the WSoD :/
  5. bucko

bucko New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well if the screen is not on would you not be in dfu mode recovery mode shows the itunes and ipod cable thing
  6. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's what I thought too, but so far only 2 tools have recognized it in DFU mode, and then they fail :/

The odd thing is, I can't boot in to iOS nor get in to recovery mode without the use of the computer.
  7. bucko

bucko New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    idk man, what does itunes say when you connect it? i hate to say take it to an apple store cause you probably know more than them and it would be a waste of a day.
  8. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTunes just recognizes it as being in recovery mode :/
    I can't take it in to the Apple store though 'cause I don't think they have the receipt for it :/
  9. bucko

bucko New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  10. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nah I haven't tried it, but I'll give it a go, thanks for the suggestion

Please Register or Log in to view images

They're none of the errors i'm getting either, but it's worth a try anyways