Try This Amazing Web App

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Dec 31, 2012.

1. darkassassin

darkassassin Active Member

Yes. What you have to bare in mind is this app is probably 80% Javascript. Take a look here:

http://pattern.dk/sun/resources/sunny.js

There is just thousands and thousands of lines of code, which is great, but the potential for bugs is huge. I say props to the app and developer, as it's a nice concept, but flawed execution; safari -> add to homescreen -> launch -> give it permission (yeah, right).
    Steqheu likes this.
  2. Shedoara

Shedoara Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    Doesn't work for me from the start. Deleted it, quit it and all that. Can't add any cities nor it ever finds my location. Cool though from how it's made.
    Steqheu likes this.
  3. Aaronius

Aaronius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    On my iPad 4 with a 60mb/s connection and I must say...it is actually really responsive and fast. It is even optimized to fit the iPad's screen which was a nice surprise. Pinching from the center and outward vertically revealed an hourly graph and scrollable 10-day chart. You can even click points on the graph. It even found my location in 3secs which is a small town south of D.C.

I must say, by far the simplest and sleekest apps I've used to date. I will definitely be using it!
  4. Arbiter Of The iPhones

Arbiter Of The iPhones Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    This is exactly what I have thought of my OS to be like. Gesture based. Easy to use. Simple design. I am going to make something like this.

Oh yeah, and, the app. It is beautiful. I love the way the design looks, and I also really love the fact that it uses gestures as controls. It just seems so much easier than buttons. Apple really should have thought of this one before. Well done!
  5. Arbiter Of The iPhones

Device:
    iPad mini
    Not slow for me. It works fine. iPad Mini. A5. You have an iPhone 5. A6. Interesting.
  6. Xerox

Xerox Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    He has an iPhone 4..
  7. Arbiter Of The iPhones

Device:
    iPad mini
    Hmm. Whatever you say.
  8. Xerox

Xerox Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I misread 'Bawnie' for 'Badd_Blood'.

Curse me and my fast scrolling.
  9. Arbiter Of The iPhones

Device:
    iPad mini
    Hey, you've also got a black 3G S. Curse those things. Just kidding. But mine barely works. It now functions as a light and a vibrator. It is white screen of death, along with an unresponsive screen. I am trying repairs on it, but god, will that take some time.
  10. Xerox

Xerox Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

Yeah, I got my Uncle to get me one (he can get most phones for free, I asked for a 3GS, because I really only use it for music and I don't want something that is too expensive) because I prefer an iPhone 3GS over my iPod touch 4G any day of the month.