Try Fixing This one

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alcala315, May 9, 2008.

1. alcala315

alcala315 New Member

First of all let me start with ....yes i have read the forums,yes other people had the same issue and yes i tried their way and no it did not work. Let me get started. I have a 16gb ipod touch. when it is not connected to the usb port it does not turn on at all, i cannot reset it,boot it or any of that if the usb is not connected...basically nothing appears on the screen. When connected to the usb itunes does detect the ipod but it detects it in recovery mode. I have used ziphone and iliberty to put it in DFU mode then restore with itunes and same thing...error 1604. Tried creating new user sign on and restore through itunes and yes 1604. Yes it can be put in restore mode,recover mode and normal mode with ziphone but it all leads to 1604. like i said if the ipod is not connected to the usb cable it does nothing.I have tried holding shift and restoring with a downloaded firmware but no luck...i see error 6. I will call you god if you can fix this one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. reaverclan

reaverclan New Member

i have no idea but first of all, it sounds like your battery is not holding a charge period, as even if u plug it in to non itunes pc's it should charge so i would take it back, and if its not messed up but something got messed up in your usb part then im out of ideas if u want help xfire me
  3. luv.aronge

luv.aronge New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    after you restore it, use ibrikr and there will be option to 'awake' your ipod
  4. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

ok try this now... Update iTunes ... Restart ur computer...have u tried restoring in a different computer , if not try that too...and u can Try a different USB port

Try this options and let us know if it works now
  5. alcala315

alcala315 New Member

When you say after you restore it do you mean after it gives me the error 1604, or am i supposed to put it in a certain mode and use ibrikr???
  6. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'd just get a new one from Apple!
  7. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

try wut I said in post 4!!!
  8. alcala315

alcala315 New Member

ok im gonna try your way i have nothing to lose....i only have one computer though so trying on a different one might take me another day. I have an old laptop but i dont think it has 2.0 usb ports.

Thanks for your reply i hope you can bail me out of this one.
  9. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    go to my thread in my signature and look for
    DFU, DFU, DFU...

Try that
  10. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well I hope so too!!! I'll check in the morning for other possible solutions ....