truely bricked ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kese92, Apr 17, 2008.

1. kese92

kese92 New Member

ok so i have been on 1.1.3 for a while because i didnt find a need to update. so i finally decided to today. so i clicked update to 1.1.4 and i go to watch a little tv knowing that this would take a little while. i come back to find that my laptop has shut down due to a low battery. ok w/e i will just cut it back on and attach the power cord. WRONG my ipod wont turn on at all. i tried holding manual restore....nothing. its just a black screen. no backlight no apple logo. just a blank screen. as if i were to brick a psp. what should i do, i plan on going to the apple store this weekend but idk if its under warranty because my dad sent it to me and he is stationed in kuwait for the war. please help i dont think theres anything i can do though
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

according to everyone on this site "u cant brick an iPod" so idk what to say but im pretty sure ull get that reply many times
  3. luv.aronge

luv.aronge New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Try holding on to power button while ipod is plugged to computer
  4. kese92

kese92 New Member

i tried that mothing happens thnx for trying tho
  5. luv.aronge

luv.aronge New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I remember my ipod not turning when I first jailbroke it.. Thought I bricked it but I got out some how.. I think I used ibrikr.. think that detected my ipod n helped me get out..
  6. kese92

kese92 New Member

i just tried ibrickr but my ipod is not being detected by anything. not itunes or that ibrickr not even my compuer i just plug it in and nothing
  7. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hold the home button while plugging your iPod into your computer. Keep holding it till u get the restore screen.
  8. luv.aronge

luv.aronge New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Plug ipod in, and have computer volumn loud, to make sure you dont miss sound which is made when a device is connected to the computer.

and try holding onto power for at least 20 seconds. If that dont work, home button + powerbutton for at least 20 seconds.. If neither works, I wouldnt have clue....
  9. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You have to try to enter DFU mode, which is done by the following:
    0. Restart your computer.
    0.5. Start iTunes.
    1. Plug the object into the computer.
    2. Hold both buttons indefinitely.
    3. If you hear a noise, let go of the power button and continue holding the home button.
    4. If you heard the noise before, you should hear a noise in about 10 seconds or so.
    5. Voila, restore mode.

IF THIS DOESN'T WORK:
    1. Try again. Do the whole process over again. It can take 3 or 4 times, but it WILL eventually work.