iOS 3.1 True look on pirated apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mallachai, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Okay I've seen SOOOOOOO many people talk about dont get pirate apps or games. okay so lets set aside ALL legal issues. lets say it was perfectly legal to pirated apps. Now whats so bad about getting them? I want to know cuz noone ever has a direct answer other than the legal crap.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Because Developers get no money for the hard work and time spent on making them. Would you like to not get paid for WORKING?
  3. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay im not supporting jailbroken apps just to clarify i dont wanna get flammed
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh yea I would love to work months with no pay...
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Could not have said it better.

Believe it or not OP, but people actually live off developing.

I think its so hilarious to put someone closer to living in the streets every time I pirate. /sarcasm
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You tell me how it feels to make an elaborate game like Need for speed, super monkeyball and engimo. and you release them for free with no charge. Would like that, wasting months on those games?
  7. Rich246

Rich246 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ya know... In someways people buy apps blindly.... All they have are pics online and half baked YouTube videos.... Mind you, some videos on YouTube are good, but most are not.... Not trying to start a war.
  8. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I find it very odd that the 3 of are so adamant about this whole piracy thing. I completely agree that some people actually live off of developing games/apps But thats foolish on them to make a 1.99 app and expect to feed a family or themselves off of a marginal profit that they get from the appstore, seeing as its a 70/30 cut (I think its 70=dev 30=app, correct me if i'm wrong). Plus can you guys honestly tell us that you haven't used a bit******* client or any other P2P client to get a song, cd, game?
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have. Not for games though since I rarely play any other than TF2. Nothing else is really fun nowadays. And you can't pirate on the PS3. As for Music, I do, but only for songs/albums/artists I can't find at Rasputin.
  10. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ok then, so whats the big idea about whole 'OMG your pirating .99c apps from developers, OMG! OMG! your so bad!' Not saying that your one of those who b*tch and moan about it, but come on. It's no different when douchebag from [Insert bandname] was b*tching about Napster and sh*t, it's still taking profit from said person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.