True defect or now? Unsticking of corners

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Exhonour, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Basically there been a thread like this before. The guy didn't reply once and at the end he just posted they did a refund for him at the Apple store.

The issue was that when he presses the corners of his iPod (usually the bottom), you could hear a tiny click as you would hear when something sticks and unsticks from glue.

What is the problem with that? Basically none, the iPod works as is should but its one of those things that annoy you.

I basically have the same thing, when I press the corner carefully with a fingernail, I can see it flexing down past the silver backing.

I asked on apple forums and they just said "take some engineering classes, you are an idiot".

The guy at Apple store made up some bullsh*t that they can't help me right now because I need to set appointment at apple.ca (and you can't).

The showcase models at the Apple store generally are stronger at the corners and don't flex that much.

Do you think this is something big or no?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It happened when I had my 2nd Gen which was last May, and that was always in the lower- right corner, didn't bother me much.
  3. HankG

HankG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Happened with my third gen Touch. Took it back to the local Apple store and exchanged it for a new one.
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just curious, did the new one had the same "problem" ?
  5. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He said he didn't open to see lol.
  6. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Too chicken ?
  7. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think he might have been bsing cuz the whole thread I was trying to prove how every touch is like that. He just said it to make me angry!

(theory)
  8. jerejuana

jerejuana New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well... mine has the same problem but i don't think it's that BIG of a concern so i don't plan on exchanging mine (unless it is actually something major that i don't know about)
  9. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    haven't got this problem but i would like to see what it looks like. Seems quite a handful of people have spoke about it. but i wouldnt say its a huge defect right now. only when more numbers start popping up
  10. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my 2ng gen too. but on the lower left corner and upper right, instead. but why should it bother people? its not like you have to press on the corners. i got a case, too, so i completely forget about it.