Troublesome Jailbreaks and whatnot itunes crap(great title huh?)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by shadowstepster, Mar 9, 2008.

1. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

So I plug my jailbroken iPod Touch 1.1.3 into my computer and decide, I want 1.1.1 back so I can have all my sweet ass apps and whatnot back. You know, cuz a lot of stuff doesnt work on 1.1.3. I put my iPod into restore mode and set it up to downgrade.
    I mosey on into the kitchen to make a tuna salad sandwich while my Vaio does it's thing. I return to a wonderous error message, 1604. Upset, I attempt to downgrade again. Failing once more, I research my problem and follow the instructions on apple's site. After wasting an hour removing and replacing iTunes, I attempt once again to restore my iPod to 1.1.1 glory. I leave my iPod to restore and do some dirty dishes.
    Returning, I find a new, perhaps more wonderous error, 1602. I once again correct the problems according to apple's site. I watch the screen impatiently as my iPod hangs at "Preparing iPod for restore" then fails with error 1601. Feeling blue, I call up my friend who brings his Toshiba Satellite for emotional and technical support.
    My friend makes three attempts to restore my iPod. The first two fail and cause iTunes to crash. The third, however, did something unexpected. My iPod was perfectly restored to a clean, wonderful, virgin, beautiful.....1.1? WHAT!?!? I am able to sync music, movies, and photos to this unknown to me firmware...but its existance on my iPod confuses me.
    I drive to my mom's house and use her laptop. My restore to 1.1.1 ges off without a hitch. I now enjoy music, movies, photos, mail and all that good stuff on my well earned 1.1.1 firmware.

Jesus Christ.
  2. awesome enjoyed that one!
  3. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned