Troubleshooting USB driver tip

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ATHiker95, May 10, 2009.

1. ATHiker95

ATHiker95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had this experience when first plugging in my new iPod Touch - thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else had this problem. When I plugged it into my Belkin USB powered hub, it started to recognize the device, then suddenly my computer re-booted. Not good - tried again - same thing. Called Belkin - no help at all. Did a bit of searching on the Net for similar problem - found solution quickly by a miracle. Checked my usb drivers - and clicked on update drivers - it went out searched the Net and found new driver and installed it (without asking me if I wanted to install it, I might add). First time I had ever seen Windows actually find a driver for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I then rebooted and when it came back up, I had a small moment of terror when my USB hub lights didn't light up (and my mouse is plugged into that, so frozen mouse). So I rebooted into safe mode and somehow that did the trick - lights came back on and I was able to reboot into regular mode. Belkin F5U224 was the model number (4 port powered hub) in case anyone has one and has this problem. I'm sure this issue would apply to anyone though regardless of USB hub or regular USB.

Mark