Troubleshooting connection refuse problem - Tutorial

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by michaelchan0427, Oct 12, 2007.

1. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Since many people have this problem, I decide to post a list of possible solutions for those who get the "Connection error: connection refuse" message to trouble shoot their problem. Note: these are based on my own experience, if you have any solution, please post here.

1. Check the correct IP address of your ipod touch.

If you have connected via ssh before and no longer able to connect to your ipod touch, it's probably because of the fact that your ipod touch changed its IP address. On your ipod Touch, go to settings->WiFi, and when you see a list of wireless networks, tap the > arrow. In the DHCP tab, you will be able to find your IP address.

2. Check firewall settings on your router
    Some router may block SSH port because of security problems. Check your router configurations and setup port forwarding or simply remove the "block"

3. For those of you who haven't had a router but a WiFi enabled PC/MAC
    On PC, setup ad-hoc wireless network sharing according to this guide from microsoft:

After setting up the ad-hoc wireless network, connect and check the ipod touch's IP address in the same way as 1.

I think the above concludes most situations, good luck!
  2. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    tried everything still can't get it to work
    i pinged my ipod and it works
    i even reset it 3 times then typed ip and enter
    still no luck
  3. mkcitizen

mkcitizen New Member

Jul 7, 2009
    In IP-based virtual hosting each site (either a DNS hostname or a group of DNS hostnames that act the same) points to a unique IP address. The web server is configured with multiple physical network interfaces, virtual network interfaces on the same physical interface or multiple IP addresses on one interface.

The web server can obtain the address the TCP connection was intended for using a standard API and use this to determine which website to serve. The client is not involved in this process and therefore (unlike with name based virtual hosting) there are no compatibility issues. and you get the