Troubles Restoring my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pandaSmore, Sep 22, 2010.

1. pandaSmore

pandaSmore New Member

So yesterday I had troubles with the Spingboard constantly crashing. So I decided to restore my phone.

SO when I go to restore my iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0, I put it into DFU mode, that works and iTunes prompts me that I am in restore mode. But when I go to select the firmware to restore to I am told that the firmware I have selected is incompatible. I got the firmware from here.

Thanks =]
  2. guy123456

guy123456 Member

search "download firmware" in google. get the firmware from.... not sure if its against the rules.... felixbruns (hopes i dont get banned, i love this community ) i download my firmwares from there... hope i helped
  3. pandaSmore

pandaSmore New Member

thank you, i'll download that and see if it works.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No unfortunately it didn't work. Everything seemed to be running smoothly for 10 mins. Then I got this "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error has occured (3194).". Any ideas?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright finally got it working. In order to fix the error I needed to go into the Windows directory C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc then I had to modify the hosts file in notepad by pasting "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" underneath the last line.

After that I just repeated the steps to restore and it worked this time.