Trouble!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by J.H., May 20, 2008.

1. J.H.

J.H. New Member

Help. I was using ZiPHONE GUI v3.0 installer. I accidentaly hit jailbreak + activate. Instead of using Jailbreak. It is not letting me plug into itunes and all my ipod is showing is the usb symbol and an arrow pointing to the itunes symbol. PLEASE HELP!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    hold the home and power button until it shuts off, unplug and plug back into computer while holding the home key and restore.
  3. J.H.

J.H. New Member

still is not working. i hope i did not break it. Please any more info
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You are going to have to manually enter DFU mode and restore.

Plenty of guides on how to do this, you are not the first one with this problem. ;D
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    1. Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo
    2. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    3. After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    4. After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
    5. Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
    6. iTunes has to download the new firmware, and it takes a while, so go make a sandwich.