Trouble with software update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qwerty123, Oct 5, 2007.

1. qwerty123

qwerty123 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Alright, i've read through the forums and i haven't seen anyone else with a similar problem. I've set up my ipot and it was fully functional. then when i did the recommended software update, my computer froze and i was forced to reboot and thus disconnect the ipot before it was done. Now when i try to connect my ipot to my computer it claims the ipot is in "recovery mode" and needs to be restored. When i try to restore it, itunes remains on the "preparing ipod for restore" step. The ipot has also now reverted to staying with the screen saying it needs to be connected to the itunes logo. Does anyone have an idea what might be going wrong? Thank you in advance for your help
  2. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

Sep 15, 2007

try performing the restore with another computer, and restart the ipod by holding the only two buttons until it restarts.

if that doesnt work, bring it to the Apple store and return it if you have to.
  3. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

Sep 15, 2007
    i have the exact same thing everytime i tried to restore or upgrade the software. i had to use someone elses computer to restore then upgrade then restore again (to get the new firmware) then id bring it back to my computer and sync my music and stuff heres the steps again:

1. Restore using another Computer.

2. Download the new software to that computer.

3. Restore again with the new software upgrade.

4. When your iPod Touch begins to restart disconnect it so it doesn't get its name changed to whatever the user is on that computer.

5. Go back to your computer and re-sync your music to it.

Hope that helps