Trouble w/ creating taps for TTR

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by kevipapo1, Nov 22, 2007.

1. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

I'm using the latest version of TTR (the one with names and the exit/pause button). I have an iPod Touch 8GB. Whenever I try to create a new tap 1. My iPod will reboot itself after a few minutes or so, or 2. TTR will go to the main menu immediately. In both cases I'm connected to a working WiFi network within my household. Any ideas? Is TTR just buggy when it comes to creating taps?

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. reu1989

reu1989 New Member

Same here!!
  3. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    It never really worked for me so i just dont use it any more. shame really but within time it should get better i think, look at customize whuch is slowly getting usable! :]
  4. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

bump

There must be a logical answer to this. Does Nate still work on the app? Has anyone asked him about it yet? Did he release the source so that other people can work on it?

Maybe someone should start their own TTR server and we can mod TTR to send the taps to that server. Whaddya think?
  5. trojan99

trojan99 New Member

when u create taps they save into the ttr folder i found that out recently here is a detailed step of what to do.

1. First login to your itouch using ssh
    (my winscp app usually starts me off at the /private/var/root sections so i will look at it from the prospective)
    2.Double click the media folder
    3. Then double click the TTR folder
    4. Now open the Taps folder
    5. You will then see a folder called Itunes open it
    6. Now you will see all the taps you have created rename them accordingly nad move them to the main taps folder which the the folder you access before the Itunes folder.

REMINDER- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT MP3 FILE NAMED CORRECTLY ALSO INSIDE THE MUSIC FOLDER WHICH IS LOCATED IN THE MAIN TTR AREA
  6. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

7. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

Yes, I know about that already, but I want them to upload to the server. Isn't that the whole point of creating taps?
  8. Heathen

Heathen New Member

I'm a little late chiming into this post, but here's how I fixed the problem. It's a lengthy process I went through and I'm sure someone else can find a shorter way, but here it is.

Install Finder if you haven't already and go to the TTR/Taps/iTunes folder. Modify it so that Read/Write/Exec are enabled. Create a new beat and once TTR exits to the home screen go back into the TTR/Taps/iTunes folder. There should now be a folder with the band name. Modify that folder the same as before. Create the beat again and under the band name folder there should now be a folder with the song name. Modify it. Create the beat one last time and it should then appear when you go to it under iTunes Library in TTR.

It may be faster and less hectic to create the folders on your computer and SSH them onto the iPod/iPhone but I don't have wifi available so I wasn't able to test this out.