trouble updaiting....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by halolordkiller3, Jun 19, 2009.

1. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well last week when the 3.0 was leaked i did try that out and neat, but then restored back to a 2.2.1 jailbreak until the official release was out. well here it is and still it wont restore it/update it to 3.0. when i try just restore or update and download it through itunes it just dies with the apple logo saying an error code "1603" or when i go to the firmware site "http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/" and download it through there it restores but then dies half way through the restore part giving me an error code "14". iv restarted windows so idk wats up. can any1 help? yes i do have itunes 8.2
  2. JCip

JCip New Member

As a programmer I have found that many are suffering with firmware 3.0. Warning don't install until you read this. The firmware looks like it is written specifically for the 3Gs with a CPU of 600 MHz (actually 833 MHz). For everyone else, the firmware is probably overclocking your CPU or the FSB. If it's the later then there will be trouble! Overheating, quick battery draining, internal communication failure causing problems with apps, wifi, music, etc.
  3. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is a reminder that distributing iPod touch Firmware 3.0 is prohibited by our rules

-DO NOT provide links for the download of iPod touch Firmware 3.0 from Apple servers or anywhere else
    -DO NOT use the site to offer to send the firmware by private message, email, or any other means
    -DO NOT in any way discuss or encourage piracy.