Trouble transferring PDF files to iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Christie, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Christie

Christie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded the PDF Reader Pro App, and I attempted to follow these simple instructions to add PDF files to my iPod Touch:

(1) Make sure that you have WiFi, and open Safari browser on iPod to any website to see if your network works.

(2)Open the PDF Reader Pro app and locate the IP address and port number displayed at the bottom of the screen.

(3)Open the browser on your PC, enter the IP and port number as found in step 2, then upload and submit your files to iPod.

Step 3 is where I am getting stuck. When I attempt to enter my iPod Touch IP address into my PC browser, the browser does not locate it / connect to it. I have tried disabling firewalls, changing my network connection settings, etc. but I have had no luck resolving this issue.

If anyone has suggestions that may help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it! I am not very tech savvy, so the simpler the instructions, the better!

Thanks,
    Christie
  2. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    are you including the port as well as the IP address, post exactly what you're typing.
  3. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would not post your IP address on the Internet if I were you. No offense to veeloc but I would not listen to him. Having your IP available for the whole world to see is not very wise, especially with so many hackers/spies/weirdos on the net. You can probable replace your IP (192.168.*.***) with <ip address> or something like that so we can safely help you.

But go to Settings -> WiFi on your iPod and click the blue arrow next to your active network and look under IP. Make sure that figure and the one on the PDF Reader app matches. If it doesn't let us know.
  4. Christie

Christie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The IP address in the iPod WiFi settings does match the one shown in the PDF Reader app.

I tried both entering the IP address on its own and the IP address followed by the port, but neither one worked. When I type http://<ip address> the browser gives me the message "The web address you entered could not be found."
  5. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And just to make sure, both your computer and your iPod are connected to the SAME WiFi network?
  6. Christie

Christie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, they are both connected to the same WiFi network.
  7. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm..well I can't really help anymore. Sorry. Can anyone else help?
  8. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you blew my cover.
  9. Christie

Christie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So does anyone else have any ideas/suggestions for me?

Anyone? Bueller?

Please Register or Log in to view images