Trouble modifying mic.

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by crazysamm94, Jun 24, 2008.

1. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm having a bit of trouble doing the mod. So i cut out the black thing and removed the resistor where needed and this is where the trouble starts. So i got a solder iron, solder wire, and copper wire. I'm SOO confused on what i'm suppose to do now. Could someone please explain?
  2. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

alright so i read some more helpful tutorials and i went at it once again.. another question though. so i just need to solder the tips of a copper wire? which means basically until the metal shows. Correct? If so I meet need a new solder iron..
  3. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Hey,
    after doing so more reading i THINK i figured it out. I got some 20 gauge copper wire. Is that okay to use? and also, when i solder, i just heat the end of the copper wire and then feed it some solder wire. Then it should have a shiny tip and that means its correct. Now when i go to put it on the circuitboard, I just put the wire where needed and use the solder iron for about 1 second on each tip where it needs to be soldered. Please tell me if this is right because I dont want to mess up. If not, could someone please explain?