trouble jailbreaking my itouch 3g (3.1.3)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nevershoutnever, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nevershoutnever

nevershoutnever Member

i'm trying to jailbreak my brothers 8gb 3g itouch with blackra1n and it puts it into recovery mode, itunes says it needs to be restores blahblahalh and blackra1n just sits at "running..." and my ipod sits at the "connect to itunes" screen.

so what's the deal? i thought blackra1n was a working tethered jailbreak for 3g ipod touch's running the 3.1.3 firmware.
  2. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ya...if you would just read other posts you would understand...god this is spam and should be deleted
  3. nevershoutnever

nevershoutnever Member

sorry, honestly i've read over quite a few threads and haven't found an answer to my problem, or anyone with a similar problem.

if i'm really missing something and i am being that blind, i apologize for the needless thread but if you could direct me to where i could find a reason for or solution to my problem, i would really appreciate it.
  4. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I agree just because of his name.. But sadly, we have to help because its a relevant question and in the correct place.

You wil need a 2nd generation iPod touch IPSW.(No discussing how to get it...) and then shift click restore in iTunes and select that firmware, after the restore is done, then just run blackra1n.

Since it will be a tethered jailbreak, every time you restart you will need to run blackra1n to reboot it.
  5. nevershoutnever

nevershoutnever Member

thank you.
    if anybody is willing to explain where to obtain a 2g itouch ipsw I would really appreciate it, it's been a long time since i've messed with any of this stuff.
  6. Lumify

Lumify New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Try googling "ipod touch firmware". It's probably the first result.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

One note: 3.1.3 cannot be jailbroken by blackra1n, period. That's why we've got that lovely jailbreaking guide in the iPhone 3.1 OS forum.

Oh, even the method you tried to enable the OP to get the iPod 2G firmware is technically a Bad Thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.