Trouble Jailbreaking iTouch 32g/Xp/Blackrain

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nyte, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Nyte

Nyte New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, I'm new here at the forum and sorta new with Jailbreaking. Alright, I was at a friends house and just got my new iTouch so I wanted to Jailbreak it. I downloaded Blackrain and I had my Itouch plugged in and I clicked the "Make it Rain" botton (had iTunes open). It put the iPod in DFU mode and went to a black screen. The program said it was Jailbroken and something about running it again for a Tethered Jailbreak. I didn't know what to do so I left it for about 10 minutes hoping it would restart. It stayed on this black screen doing nothing. It was still this way after ten minutes. So I decided to re-run Blackrain. Still didn't do nothing. After this I turned off the iPod, went to iTunes and restored it after a while. It took a while because it kept saying it couldn't connect to the iPod. After I got it restored and working again I closed iTunes and tried to Re-run it. This time when it went to the black screen I just turned it off/back on and everything was normal. What is going on? Am I doing something wrong?
    I just got back to my house and loaded it with some Music/Videos/Apps and I am wanting to Jailbreak it again just so I can get Winterboard. I am worried about doing it again because I don't want to have to restore it again.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Another question, If I Jailbreak my iTouch and for some reason it turns off or the battery goes dead. I know that since its Tethered I will lose the Jailbreak. But lets say I installed a theme with winterboard. Do I lose the installed theme or just Cydia/Blackrain?
  2. Tonypker13

Tonypker13 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alrighty - Let's get you fixed up here.
    Follow these EXACT instructions, you didn't do the tethered jailbreak correctly.
    All you have to do is plug it in, click Make it Rain, press okay on the little dialogue box, then once it shows the iTunes logo on your iPod, un plug it from your computer and wait.
    Wait a few good minutes until your iPod turns off completely. (It'll do it itself in a few minutes. If it doesn't, manually turn it off.).
    Then re plug it in and wait for itunes to open on your computer.
    iTunes will detect an iPod that needs recovery.
    Press cancel and close iTunes. Then once iTunes is closed, re run Blackra1n and your iPod will bootup. If that still doesn't work, you're doing something wrong: Restore in DFU mode and re try.

No, you don't lose anything.
    You just re run Blackra1n, and you'll have every app, every song, every video, every theme, everything.
  3. Nyte

Nyte New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure it didn't show an Apple logo when I did it before. It was just black. No nothing.
    What do I do then?

Also, what would happen if I installed a theme from winterboard and let it turn off. Is there a way I can keep the theme and lose the jailbreak so I don't have to rerun Blackrain?

Thanks for the reply.
    x]
  4. Tonypker13

Tonypker13 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Unfortunately you can't keep the theme.
    Jailbreaking let's you edit the firmware. The original firmware not jailbroken won't let you edit. If it was just black, re try the jailbreak.
    Once it goes just black, re run blackra1n and see what happens.
  5. Nyte

Nyte New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thats what I did before. (*Check Original Post)
    And it didn't do anything. So I turned it off and back on and nothing was there. If it goes black again should I turn it off and try to Jailbreak it from there?
  6. Tonypker13

Tonypker13 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, do that. If it still doesn't work from there, update the thread telling me what's happening.
  7. Nyte

Nyte New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Damn, worked first time!
    Thanks so much man!
    x]

Question though. Can I download Cydia without WiFi?
  8. Tonypker13

Tonypker13 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No problemo

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, I know you can download Cydia apps without WiFi (Using a PC program), but I'm not sure about downloading Cydia itself without WiFi. It uses Internet to connect to the installation, so I don't think so.
  9. Nyte

Nyte New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Guess I will have to wait then..
    Thanks for the help!
  10. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need Wi-fi to use cydia....