Trouble installing Jailbreak PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Fiwi, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

I've been waiting at the installing iphuc and readline for 17 minutes now and nothing is happening. This isn't supposed to take this long is it? Before it said "intalling iphuc and readline", I got this Applescript error:

mkdir: /opt: File exists (1)

Please tell me what is wrong!
  2. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

Bump. . .Please help me! I'm dyin' here!
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd New Member

I suspect it's because of a previous failed attempt. The script seems to like things nice and clean to run properly . .. I might be wrong, but I got that error yesterday at one point (attempt 2 IIRC). I moved the /opt directory before beginning again.

The two things I did before I finally got it (attempt 4), were to completely reformat the Ipod, and to make sure I had a good copy if the ijailbreak.zip package - if you unzipped it with stuffit, it might well be corrupt. Try downloading 'the unarchiver', and using that to unzip.

This is assuming you haven't already tried these things. If so, apologies. All I can do is assure you the problem isn't going to stop you succeeding!
  4. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

Thank you for trying to help me. I downloaded the unarchiver and when I unzipped it, things looked different. I actually got the ipod Touch icon instead of the applications icon on a piece of paper. However, when I began the process I got the same error message after entering my user name and password for my computer. How do I reformat my ipod? Do I need to download another copy of ijailbreak or is it okay to just unzip a new copy?

Could my troubles simply be b/c my iPod Touch isn't picking up a wireless signal? I just moved and am still waiting for my internet hookup. I am picking up a signal just fine on my laptop, but the signal seems too weak for my Touch.