Trouble getting Jiggy with it

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by timmaay, Oct 19, 2008.

1. timmaay

timmaay New Member

Howdy,

I'm new to the ipod world, with a just-jailbroken ipod touch. The device IS jailbroken, and I've got Installer 4.0 on it. I also have no problem adding the source jiggyapp.com/i.

But I can't find any consistent directions for what to do between adding that source and actually finding the jiggy runtime app.

One tutorial I found online (here) just says to refresh the page after I add the source. However, doing that yields an essentially empty page with no links and just a tagline to jiggy my ipod (which is what I'm trying to do).

I also saw another tutorial where, after the guy added the jiggyapp.com/i as a source, he then went into installer, went into the featured section, and found a category called "Developer" or some such thing. I don't see that as a category. When I try to look at Categories, then All Packages, I still don't see it.

If I go back to Sources, just to double check, the Jiggy Main Repository is indeed listed there. When I delve into that (within the sources window), the screen comes up saying "Jiggy Main Repository", then a subcategory of "Development", and a 3rd line that says the url of : http://jiggyapp.com/i

Below that is what looks like the body of the page, which simply says "Jiggy your iPhone", then a contact email address.

Am I missing something here? I've been searching all over every forum I can find, and I can't seem to find anything that accurately and completely tells me how to get from Step 1 to Step 2. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?
  2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the title made me lolol
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Jiggy isn't on 2.x (Thank god).
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, Jiggy runtime was poo-poo'd in 2.0.

You won't be seeing it anymore.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Jiggy is a JavaScript-based development application for Firmware 1.1.4 and below only.
  6. timmaay

timmaay New Member

OK then... so... any ideas about the next option then?

My ultimate goal here is to get maps offline. So far, the only way I've seen offered to do this is with a combination of in7ane's MapThis, and Nambrot's Offline Maps, which requires jiggy java.

Is there another solution available then?

Thanks.