Trouble Getting iPhone Specific App on Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fossil2k2, Dec 1, 2009.

1. fossil2k2

fossil2k2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all, I've had my iTouch 2g for for a while now and I love it, not a single problem, but here's my situation:

There is an app called "AVIC FEEDS" that I would like to get on my iTouch 2g running 3.2.1 firmware. The app can be found in the iTunes app store, but won't install on the device. It appears the app is only compatible with the iPhone.

I successfully did the blackra1n jailbreak and got Cydia and Rock working. I fiddled around inside both Cydia and Rock and didn't make any headway on getting this app installed.

I hope that I'm making some nub mistake and someone can give me an easy step by step to make this happen. Please help!

(sorry if this has been covered 10,000 times in other threads, I tried searching but couldn't come up with anything, I'm not really sure what to search for anyways)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I've been doing some more research. I figured out how to SSH an app onto my iTouch. I'm as far as being able to drag and drop things from my computer onto the iTouch, but after that I'm completely lost. Is there a specific folder I need to drop the .app file into? How do access it to install it? Its a free app so I don't think I'm doing anything illegal.

I don't see any reason why this app shouldn't work on an iTouch...
  2. fossil2k2

fossil2k2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To The Top
  3. zandpiper

zandpiper New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This just might be your problem...
  4. fossil2k2

fossil2k2 New Member