Trouble connecting to SSH with Cyberduck

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by kronos 2000, Mar 23, 2008.

1. kronos 2000

kronos 2000 New Member

Okay, I don't know how many guides I've read about how to SSH into my iPod touch, but it just won't work. I have a 16GB 1.1.4 touch jailbroken with ziphone. If it makes any difference, I'm running OS X Leopard on a Macbook.

I've installed the BSD subsystem and OpenSSH on my iPod and the Cyberduck application on the laptop. It's on SFTP. I use the IP address of the touch as the server and username is root and password is alpine. Port is 22. My iPod is set to autolock and im browsing the internet to make sure wifi connection is working. I always receive the message saying that the connection has timed out.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be extremely thankful.
  2. jeterdude02

jeterdude02 New Member

is the password for 1.1.4 still alpine??

because i know that for 1.1.3, the its root and then password - mobile

Maybe you arent able to ssh into it because the password might have changed..
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just checked on some sites and some people say that the password is alpine...

I dunno why it's not working...Cyberduck has worked fine for me on 1.1.3
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    User: root Password: alpine

Make sure you are using SFTP protocol and that auto-lock is set to never on your ipod. Did you instal BSD Prefs to make sure SSH was turned on?
  4. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you using sftp? It Doesn't work unless you use sftp. And Are you keeping your iPod Turned on? Not just turned on, but like the screen is on, and at least springboard is running

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good Luck
  5. kronos 2000

kronos 2000 New Member

Yes, it is set to SFTP and my iPod's autolock is turned off and I'm browsing the ineternet to maintain wifi connection. Bossprefs is installed.
  6. puertodorian78

puertodorian78 New Member

I have the same problem. I don't know why this is happening it did it out of nowhere.
  7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I've had the same problem and the only way I could get it to work was to reboot my iPod, then immediately logging in. It's a bit if a hassle, but at least it works. You could also use iphonebrowser, which uses a USB connection.
  8. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. redroverr

redroverr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    k if you are on mac, then go to system preferences-sharing- and unlock the lock thing, and check REMOTE LOGIN from the list on the right.thatll make it so it works, biut for me, th epassword combo wont work!