trouble connecting to network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rolovesit, Jan 4, 2009.

1. rolovesit

rolovesit New Member

I already posted my question but I really need help. I had my iPod all connected and was able to get on the internet from the Ipod thru my wireless router (Linksys Range Plus Wireless WRT110). But a few days ago, I noticed that a few people were stealing my internet so I changed the router to a high security and blocked the people as intruders. Now, my iPod picks up the signal but the signal sign is black. It shows the lock next to the network but when I click it, all the info such as IP address, subnet mask, ect... are blank and nothing pops up. I try to use safari and it says "unable to connect to my networks name". I have tried everything to get back online with it but have had no luck. When I go to my parents house, the Ipod picks up their internet real quickly so it's definietly a problem with my router. I even posted this problem on the routers website but I have recieved no answers. Can anyone help?
  2. jjm92

jjm92 New Member

ok i have a wireless router and it works.....and im trying to coon ect my ipod to the internet. It says im connect but it keeps on saying cannot find server.i put in the WEP number and it work. so wht do i do??

JacobMcguire
  3. rolovesit

rolovesit New Member

don't ask me. i asked a question. you might want to start a new thread with your question. but how were you able to enter the WEP number? mine doesn't ask for that.
  4. jjm92

jjm92 New Member

ok does you wireless have a WEP if so go to 192.168.1.1 then for password put admin
  5. rolovesit

rolovesit New Member

i've tried that numerous times and it doesn't work. i even put the user name and password for my router in it and that doesn't work.
  6. jjm92

jjm92 New Member

so did yew put in the first set of numbers???
  7. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If it's a Linksys router, the default username is admin and so is the password. Try that.

If that doesn't work, then you need to completely reset the router. On the back, there is a reset button. Get a pen or a pin and hold it down for about 30 seconds. You should then be able to setup everything as if it is brand new.

Then change the WEP password to something you can remember.
  8. rolovesit

rolovesit New Member

it's set up as the highest security WPA. i've left the username blank and put admin as the password. i put both username and password as admin. i've used my networks name and password in the fields and nothing.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    do iPods even connect to WPA? or just WEP?
  9. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The iPod touch is capable of connecting to both WPA and WEP networks.
    Check out this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34648

After reading that, my suggestion is to try setting up your router to use WEP security, then try connecting your iPod.
  10. rolovesit

rolovesit New Member

Eureka!!

yay! my ipod and wii are now connected. i finally got connected to a Linksys support person on their live chat and they worked me through it. All she had me do was change the security to WEP (i had it on WPA) and enter the 26 digit code in my iPod thru setting up a new connection and it worked! thanks everyone for trying.