Release Trivial

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by berky93, Mar 28, 2009.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I made this "mini theme" as nothing more than a proof-of-concept. I have seen so many awesome themes out there that include icon masks, overlays, and shadows. and thats great, it helps icons not included with the theme match. but all of these still look pretty much the same. rounded-edged squares, maybe a gloss of some sort, and a drop shadow. so I decided to try and make my own set of mask/overlay/shadow. It probably wouldnt look good as an entire theme, but it shows that you don't need to stick to the standard set by apple. Maye act as some sort of inspiration or something.

Please Register or Log in to view images

and I got the idea for the theme because it makes icons look like those little pie slice things from trivial pursuit.

EDIT: this is just the app icon overlay, mask, and shadow. this means it will not affect the default apple icons or your jailbroken app icons. although if you want icons for those too, it wouldnt be hard to select the white space in the mask with any magic wand tool and use that as a mask for some other icon, and then put the overlay and shadow images over that (yes you can put the shadow over it if you want, because the shadow only appears where the icon isnt)

Attached Files:

2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm... nice but i wont use it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol I really didnt expect anyone to - I dont use it either! its just to help inspire people to break away from the similar designs icons have been sticking to.