Tried to jailbreak, now my ipod is dead.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by barris1024, Mar 17, 2010.

1. barris1024

barris1024 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys. I tried to jailbreak my friends ipod for him the other day. I was doing the redsnow hack as he has a 2nd gen ipod on 2.2 firmware. Everything worked fine, and as I got to that part where the pineapple guy is on the ipod screen, I left the room and went to go to the bathroom. I come back, and the redsnow thing is off my computer, and the ipod is... dead. It won't turn on, my computer won't recognize it, and I have no idea what to do. I've done some other research (no forums, just FAQs) and it suggested to try putting in some mode called DFU. I tried doing this, and nothing happened (although I mind have been doing it wrong, the instructions look iffy)

Anyway, I could really use some help. I'd hate to break my friends ipod because I'd feel so guilty that I'd give him mine! And I really don't want to lose my ipod. Thanks for the help in advance.
  2. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    unplug ipod and then hold home button for at least 5-10 second and plug it back in laptop/computer and you should see apple logo
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or hold the home button while plugging in the device.
  4. Gullash

Gullash Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    plug it in a AC charger and let it charge for 10 min
    then pump home and sleep togehter it takes some trys but it will turn on
  5. barris1024

barris1024 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Guys I tried your suggestions but nothing worked, is there anything else I can do?
  6. Nobber

Nobber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did anyone suggest a hard reset? Hold the home and power button at the same time for 20 seconds on the computer. This will force sync.
  7. barris1024

barris1024 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I did this, and I did get some sort of result. I got a little message in the corner of my PC saying that a USB device had malfunctioned and I needed to click the message in order to learn more. I clicked, and it said unplug and reconnect it, and if it didn't work then it said replace it. It didn't work

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now whenever plug it in, I get this message saying that a USB device has malfunctioned.
  8. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe a problem with the computer's usb port.
  9. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have libusb because I remember that I had to install it when I was jailbreaking my touch back on 2.2
  10. barris1024

barris1024 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not that, cause I can plug my iPod into the same USB port with the same cord and everything works fine. Remember, this is my friend's iPod, so I know it's there is something wrong with the iPod.

I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.