tried to jailbreak my touch and it is seriously messed up

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by rpalango, Mar 27, 2008.

1. rpalango

rpalango New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    I tried this ziphone program and it was supposed to take 45 seconds and it was taking over 45 minutes so i ended the program and disconnected my touch. now the only thing i can see on my screen is
    "BSD root : md0, major 2, minor 0" over and over again....non stop
    is my touch messed up forever?
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Nope, restore it freshly to 1.1.4 again. Then go download iLiberty+ instead of ZiPhone to jailbreak it.

Turn off your iPod completely by holding the home and sleep button until it shuts off. Make sure your iPod is disconnected from the computer.

Now, HOLD the home button down, and while you're still holding it, plug in the cord and CONTINUE holding it until you see the dock connector and iTunes logo.

It should now be in DFU mode, restore it to 1.1.4.
  3. vandersar

vandersar New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    if it still doesn't work, search it, theres tones of threads on this.
  4. chort27

chort27 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    in case you want to know where you went wrong, you hit a button that was not the button that says "iPod". These other buttons only work on iPhone, and will require a restore to fix on a touch.
  5. m3@i{@/\/

m3@i{@/\/ New Member

Mar 26, 2008

ZiPhone does work...all you have to do is: itunes
    1. upgrade to version 1.1.4 ZiPhone 2.6+ (or newest version) itunes
    4.when you have upgraded to 1.1.4, hold home key,or maybe home and power key, untill recovery menu comes up(itunes symbol with ipod usb cable symbol). restore in summery menu, back it up if you wish
    6.ipod/iphone should restart and itunes will ask you if you want to set it up, just ignore
    7.dont close itunes just hold down the power and home key on your ipod/iphone, untill it comes to the recovery menu again
    8.this time itunes will say its in recovery mode but ignore that also just eject the ipod/iphone from itunes (beside your ipod device is a eject button or in the bottom right of itunes is an eject button), eject your ipod/iphone open ZiPhone
    10.make sure you ipod/iphone is in recovery mode
    11.if you have an ipod touch just hit jailbreak and nuthing else, othere buttons are foriphone only.
    12.jailbreak, ipod touch firmware 1.1.4 only it should tell you , click this if you have an ipod touch to jailbreak, if it stops at "Spamming AT, waiting for response", in the bottom right of the ziphone application is a tab called advanced options, click that and there is a big button there that says FIXNVRAM or sumthing like that click it and it should fix the problem, then after the NVRAM is fixed hit the jailbreak buttton again and it should work.
    13. for iphone there is diffrent options to unlock, jailbreak, and activate, or just jailbreak and activate. directions are same for iphone as ipod touch just different time cause it will unlock the iphone to use sim card.

n e ?'S email me at or