tried to jail break, now my itouch is broken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lowrider, Jun 23, 2009.

1. lowrider

lowrider New Member

tried to jailbreak my itouch 2G running 3.0, with windows XP pro
    using redsnow, all was going good untill it came to the end of the process, were the installation was complete, and the device was ment to shutdown automatically, and reboot, but trouble is, it wont turn on now.
    i hold down the power and home button, and my computer now says doesn't recognize the touch and says the usb device attached to the computer has malfunctioned.
    i dont know how to fix it, if it wont even turn on in the first place, let alone be recognised by my comp, oh and im running current i tunes too.
    please help, as im ment to be flying to europe on friday, and i want my itouch to keep me entertained on the 20h flight or some BS like that.
    help!.....
  2. RevengeIsSweet

RevengeIsSweet Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No its not, DFU
  3. lowrider

lowrider New Member

yeah, by holding the power, then home, letting go of power and still holding home?
    tried that, its not working, it said instalation compete, and went to reboot itsself, but it just turned off, and now it wont do anything, it wont even let me retry the cracking, as it says its not in DFU
  4. Hank4018

Hank4018 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    just ignore those errors that pop up, if your volume is on and you hear those beep after you get done holding the home button, then its in DFU mode then restore it or try rejailbreaking
  5. lowrider

lowrider New Member

all good, i fixed it now