Tried reset all content and settings and now stuck!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amaan, Sep 4, 2009.

1. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay, i had some mobile substrate errors so i wanted to restore and rejailbreak, but then it wouldn't restore giving me errors 1601,1602 and 2002
    anyway, i thought if wiping off all my content and settings could help i might as well give it a try, so i put it on and i waited for about an hour and a half when it had completed almost full or at least 3/4 and then i fell asleep

Please Register or Log in to view images

when i got up my ipod was switched off, so i went and plugged it into my computer assuming it had run out of battery but when i powered it on, the apple logo never went, so waited for another 3 hours cos the apple site says resetting everything could take up to 4 hours....now i got irritated and tried rebooting it....it came to the apple logo but again it never booted...dfu doesn't help either cos as i said i cant restore (though i tried anyway and it didn't help)
    if u need more info - my ipod is a 2G 8GB with content filled upto 6Gb
    could u guys at least suggest some solutions if possible??

EDIT: okay i tried holding both power and home buttons for some time and it took me to the connect to itunes screen, then i used jawcls second method but here i am back to the forever apple logo!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    can any1 pls help me!!! 12 views and not 1 suggestion??
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

im guessing you will have to restore.
  3. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haven't i already said i can't?? it always gives me errors 1601 and 1602!! arghh!
  4. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    are you doing dfu correctly?and does itunes recognize it?
  5. karaduke

karaduke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello m8 this happened to me and all i did was put mine in dfu mode and restore the downloaded 3.0 firmware which was on my computer and not the itunes one. when you get into dfu mode itunes will put you into recovery mode and all you do is press shift and click on yes to restore which will take you to whatever part of your computer your down loaded firmware is. i dont know if restoring from a back up will help.
  6. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this issue (wiping content + stuck afterwards) is known on jailbroken devices...you have to DFU and then restore
    - everything will be fine after that. but do NOT restore using a backup taken from a jailbroken device onto a non jailbroken ones that will most likely mess again =/
  7. karaduke

karaduke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes sorry obviously you can`t put back on the jailbroken back-up but only a true back-up downloaded from itunes. sorry my mistake
  8. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey all sorry i forgot to edit this thread that i fixed it by using my new comp....all i did was a normal shift+restore and to an earlier question yes i was putting it in dfu correctly as it did show the plain black screen and even libusb recognized it as in dfu mode

if this happens to u try using another computer (i upgraded my XP to Vista and it worked perfectly on Vista)
  9. karaduke

karaduke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    glad your back up and running . karaduke
  10. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How did "libusb" recognize your device?

LibUSB isnt a GUI, or even alerts you when your device is recognized.
    You dont need LibUSB to do anything for 2.0+ devices, except use QuickFreedom, but who would?

redsn0w doesnt use it.
    iTunes doesnt use it.

So you have no reason to have LibUSB.
    .. Oh wait... iRecovery still uses LibUSB......