Tried everything - still 3.45 gigs of "OTHER"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by sdschramm, Mar 30, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've tried everything.
    I know this has been posted many times, and I have searched (the search sucks by the way, sorry mods) and I STILL can't get rid of these other files.

I used to have these problems all the time, and if I just restarted iTunes, the computer or the iPod, it would eventually work.

But I have done everything but a restore.....and they still wont go away!

Please help ASAP!!!
  2. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If your jailbroken its random apps and themes and all that. Just restore it, it will fix it.. I mean it is spaced used by something, no amount of re-boots will delete files....

EDIT:
    It could also be an error on the partition table or the file allocation table or something (i dont know if those are the right words, but yeah)
  3. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

ya if you keep getting that id say your best bet is to restore it and jailbreak it again that should fix it and ya it dose suck having to do that it is a pain in the butt but i'm gussing thats your only optiion

but you shold download appbackup on cydia so you can backup all your apps so you dont have to go threw the search and download it one by one again
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

You checked for doubled iTunes libraries, rogue large files, or other unneeded crap?
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yea I had that same problem. I had about 10 gigs of other so i restored to a clean firmware then jailbroke again. Sorry bro.
  6. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    darn, just when I had started re-setting things back up from the last time I had to re-jailbake.

I was stupid and went into the rest menu of my iPod and hit reset all (you know, the one that says "This will take an hour) - well two hours later, I am presented with an iPod stuck at a SWOD.

Looks like I have no other option now!

Heck, while I have nothing to loose, I might as well go back to the good old 1.1.1 days. Is that appsnap website still around? lol I'l love to go back to 1.1.1 for a few days before restoring back to 2.2.1
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

DFU and restore. Do not enter recovery mode.