Trials for apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wammybar6, Apr 6, 2009.

?

Trials?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2010.
  1. trials would be great, yes!!

60.0%
  2. no, they wouldn't be good

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wammybar6

wammybar6 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Now everyone please vote, do you think that Apple should let you do trials of games, as in they expire after a certain amount of time, because I think that lite versions aren't enough. We should be able to have the full version to see what it's like, and then we can purchase it when it runs out, or at lease we can rate it so that other people will be more willing to buy it.
  2. Tuatra

Tuatra New Member

i think they would be great, because over 50% of buyers in the appstore tend to either delete their 'bought' games or never use them again. a trial would benefit everyone.
    i think they could be free, as trials are, maybe 24hours. cant be too pushy.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can't people just reset the time or something?
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i think trials would be a good thing, but then again, lites really do do their job well i think - though some lites might need more in them to make them better, they still do their job; if i use a lite to the point i come to it's conclusion, thats usually, in 99% of cases, enough for me to purchase the full item. if i dont use the lite to it's full, then that usually indicates it's not going to hold my interest enough to use in full paid capacity.

and as Tes mentions, give the full app away for free then a lot of peeps will manipulate it.
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would like trials, but they are not feasible options for all apps. Take NCAA March Madness on Demand, for instance. People could just download the trial and watch the final game for free. I don't think that a worldwide "free 24 hour trial" mode would work with all apps, nor would it sit well with developers/
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, many of the games on the App Store itself don't take that long to beat whatsoever. Also also, creating an iTunes account is something you can do for Free. And there are sites that can give you a temp email to sign up with.
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you think about it, popular games like Pocket God would really suffer because there are only so many things you can do before it gets old. Same with Arcade Bowling and probably all of the fart apps. Those developers would see their popular applications being downloaded for free for 24 hours, but all of them are $1-$2 and are only really fun for a day anyway.