Travelling with Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gmmm, Jun 22, 2008.

1. gmmm

gmmm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if traveling to different countries with different electric voltages will break my touch if i try to charge it?

i.e. In America, its 120V i think, so would my touch work in a country with a voltage of 220V for example?
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I don't know but i wouldn't want to be the one to find out. i wouldn't try it if I were you.
  3. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This is sorta unrealted but there's a new law that gives "people" the power to search your devices such as ipods, laptops and other mp3 players for pirated music, movies, etc. So you may want to watch it for that as well.

The best bet is to try and charge it through a computer, laptop, 360, Ps3, Ps2, etc because I wouldn't risk it the power outlet.
  4. vanhalenfanrob

vanhalenfanrob New Member

5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

yea itd be more of a physical thing seeing as outlets in other countries are different, but adapters such as the one vanhalenfanrob showed convert the power supply to the correct one for the ipods
  6. gmmm

gmmm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well not necessarily through a direct power outlet, but it was through a laptop that's connected to the 220V power outlet?
  7. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think you will be fine, but you may want to check apple.com and see if they have any advice.
  8. Bibbi Bokken

Bibbi Bokken New Member

I THINK that nuthin will happen. I was trying to charge my gameboy in a plug that was for an air conditioner (220)and nuthin happened (no charge), but im not gunna try it with an iPod.
  9. gmmm

gmmm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I checked the site, but all I found was like you can buy a power adapter to connect to different outlets with different voltages, but it doenst specify if it could be used if i connect it to a laptop to transfer songs for example