transparent icons

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SiN Altr Ego EL, Feb 20, 2009.

1. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    hey, so i searched, and i can't find it... so

i'm making some themes for some people. and i need to make the icons so that the only thing that shows is the icon, and have no square background, so for example, if i was making a halo 3 theme, and i wanted the 3 logo with the crescent around it, i just want that and not any square background behind it. i tried to get rid of the background with photoshop, but then when i go to make the icon and i'm resizing the pic, i get a white background... so how do i get rid of the background of the icon?

much appreciated for the help!
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Save it as a png
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah i did that. i've made themes before. i save the file that i made as a png, and it showed that the background was transparent, which is wat i wanted... then when i sshed the them into my ipod, it came up with a white square around it...
  4. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, if the layer has a little lock next to it in photoshop like it should if its the background layer, duplicate the layer before you start working on it or if you already did, duplicate the layer and then select the white bg and take it out, make sure to uncheck the bg layer and make sure the background REALLY IS transparent (checkerbox'd), now save it as a png
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok i'll try it. hopefully this will work cause i have about 3 or 4 themes to make.
  6. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    take out the white background with the magic wand tool in photoshop. You may have to duplicate the layer or have a transparent background and then your halo 3 icon layer. Just play with it but i know i deffinately used the magic wand tool to get rid of the whit for my icons.