Transferring iPod touch Mac to PC AND jailbreaking to 4.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Beric, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Beric

Beric New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I'm out of my mind right now. So I got a new PC. I want to transfer my apps, saved games and other settings, and my music from my old Mac to my new PC. IS there a way to do this easily? I would just copy my music and apps manually, but I don't want to lose my saved settings on my iPod touch.

I've looked around on the internet and there seem to be applications than will do PC-to-PC or Mac-to-Mac, but I need cross-platform.

I also happen to be jailbroken, to add to the trouble. I want to upgrade to 4.0.1 (currently at 3.1.3), but I'll have to download iTunes 8.2 for my PC, which apparently disables jailbreaking.

I would love some help with this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    So it appears a 4.0.2 jailbreak will not work yet. However, I still wish to change my base computer from my Mac to my PC. No help yet?
  2. Purgatory

Purgatory New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The thing with cross platforms is you are gonna have to reformat your ipod to windows which will delete everything on the ipod. You can just transfer all your itunes media onto an external hard drive and import it into the new itunes on your PC. So im pretty sure you are gonna lose your saved settings on ipod unless im missing something..
  3. Beric

Beric New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow. So I'll lose ALL my high scores, saved games, and everything? Sounds awful.

4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    From what I know of cross-platform, yes, you will since you don't have a backup on the PC that includes your highscores.

Of course, you could continue using the Mac