Transferring ipod library to laptop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by larchi59, Jan 23, 2009.

1. larchi59

larchi59 New Member

I appologise in advance if this question has been answered before, I have had a quick search but am very much a novice who still needs things explained.

I have just purchased a laptop and would like to transfer everything on my itouch to the laptop. When I connected my ipod to the laptop it is telling me my ipod is synced with another computer and do I want to erase and sync - this I don't want to do as my ipod will only be connected to the laptop now and not a pc. I am worried I am going to end up wiping everything off my ipod and will have to spend many hours reloading hundreds of CD's and DVD's!

What is the best thing for me to do?

Thanks for your help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. loukas77

loukas77 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hello! I wanted this some months ago so i searched and i found a programm. It's called Xilisoft iPod Rip http://www.xilisoft.com/ipod-rip.html. I have used it and it's very good! (after a format i lost all my music but fortunatelly i had it all on my ipod touch 1G and with this programm i got it back). An alternative is that if you have an ipod touch 1G Jailbroken you can ssh into it and go to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/ and copy the whole Music folder. Well if you do this your songs will not have names etc. However Xilisoft iPod Rip keeps the files as they are with names artworks lyrics so it's worth the money

Hop[e that helped

3. TexasJr

TexasJr Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ooh, this looks useful for me =D thanks