Transferring Apps to New Itunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Torkboy, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Torkboy

Torkboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Had to reformat my HD, so I lost everything....

Anywho, is there a way to transfer my apps that I have downloaded and purchased back into itunes without deleting them and having me to purchase them again, and re download them again?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    go into "my music" "itunes" "mobile applications" and there they are. copy that folder to your desktop and rename it apps or something and when you upgrade just put it back into "my music" "itunes". i did it to transfer my apps to my moms computer.
  3. twill32119

twill32119 New Member

there might be a program that lets you do it .. is it jailbroken?
  4. westes

westes New Member

I know what you mean. This happened to me. Its easy to fix if you know what apps you lost. Just goto apple's support page and send them a message. They will e-mail you back saying that you apps are pending for download in itunes. That did the trick for me!

BTW: you can re-download purchased apps for free. say if I bought a app and deleted it. Just presss buy now again and it will say its free
  5. Torkboy

Torkboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    No not jailbroken. What surprises me is that when I logged into iTunes store my DL'd apps that I assumed were linked to my account were no where to be found....thanks apple!

And when I synced it this morning(just music) it didnt see what apps I currently had installed