Transferring apps to new computer

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by nckid110, Nov 11, 2008.

1. nckid110

nckid110 New Member

I just got a new computer and I transferred my music to my computer but I have apps that I bought and I was wondering if theres a way to get the apps on my new computer so I can sync my ipod to my new computer.
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Make a folder through SSH called Mobile Applications, from your PC or Mac's iTunes directory drag the Mobile Applications to your iPod then transfer them to your new computer.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sign into iTunes on the new computer. Then sync and it'll ask if you want to transfer the Apps over. And all others, you can just re-download for Free. Make sure to keep a list of it with Screen shots or something.

Why are you assuming he's jailbroken?
  4. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had to do a similar thing, what Tes said didn't seem to work for me for some reason, maybe i did it wrong, i donno lol.

But another way is to find the .ipa files (app files) on your computer, copy them to the new computer, sign in and authorize the new computer. Then open the .ipa files with itunes and your done.
  5. nckid110

nckid110 New Member

I syncd all my purchased stuff and theres no application section on my itunes and theres no apps on my ipod
  6. waxletenjames

waxletenjames New Member

Go to the iTunes Store, and click on apps. Then it asks you to authorize the new computer. Once you authorize the computer it will transfer over all of your apps to the Itunes library on that computer. You don't have to make a copy of anything.
    Moreover this is a tutorial about How to transfer purchased apps from iPod to computer, which included the detailed tutorials of how to transfer your purchased items from iPod to computer.
    Hope it can help you a lot...